What Have You Done With Your Online Reputation Today?
Maintaining your online reputation is a tricky exercise, one demanding equal parts diligence and creativity. In a day when Google is likely to rank the latest news relating to your site on the first page, irrespective of whether it is representative of your business, you’ve got to be able to not only know about these attacks, but have the ability to react to them.
We’ve isolated methods to limit the damage negative entries have on your online reputation, and enable you to combat them everyday with positives.
6 Tips to enhance your online reputation on a daily basis!
- Monitor – The Web is a gigantic place, and you ought to be monitoring what is said about you and your company. Doing this on your own is a time consuming task, so be sure to use some of the great tools available for finding what’s being said about you. A few of these are Google Alerts, Mention, and Topsy, among many.
- Solicit reviews – Ask your best customers to help you out by making positive reviews for you. Doing this on a regular basis helps push any negatives further down the search results where they won’t be found.
- Be Nice – It ought to go without saying that if you are being less than gracious in your dealings with your public, it will return to bite you where, well, you know where. Be nice, even if it hurts!
- Search Google – Make regular searches of Google for name, product and keyword mentions related to your company. Being proactive in this regard definitely will pay dividends! Also, don’t forget to look at Google Images for product images tied to reviews.
- Add positive content – Make it a practice to add new, positive content that will offset negative entries. You can accomplish this with guest posts or content on popular Web 2.0 sites like Tumblr and Squidoo.
- Link out to positive mentions – Make sure and link out to positive reviews of your site. This serves two purposes: outgoing authority links along with highlighting your content in Google.
It’s no picnic maintaining your online reputation. But in this day and age where you can be trashed in an instant, it’s absolutely necessary!