Video Marketing for Your Small Business
You’ve heard all the statistics why your business needs to have a presence on YouTube, but perhaps you are unsure as to the best way to make that happen in a consistent, meaningful way.
Making a great video marketing strategy isn’t just luck. It has to be a part of an overall content marketing plan that brings together multiple elements of your marketing, from email to social media. It’s not something to outsource unless you’re really confident in the person executing it. It’s your company we’re showcasing here, after all!
Let’s check out a few of the ways you can build a viable video marketing strategy for your business.
5 Strategies for building a killer video marketing strategy!
- Use video testimonials – Consumers are a lot more likely to be impressed with your products and services if it is coming from the mouth of a live customer on video. This is far more effective as social proof than any textual version could be. Not just that, the person doing the testimonial benefits as well, particularly if they are also a business person.
- Helpouts are not just for Google! – If you’d like raving fans, create a series of helpful, how-to videos offering advice and help on topics your audience has an interest in. They are terrific sales tools, even if you don’t actually offer anything for sale in them. Using these types of videos to teach and answer general questions will win their loyalty.
- Make better product videos – It’s fine to showcase your products, but work to make them more than merely a slick presentation accompanied by a call to action. Why not take this opportunity to show exactly how your product benefits the end user, ideally in a fun and unique way.
- Be sure to brand your videos – It’s a basic part of your job to ensure your brand is on the minds of your market, and there are few better ways to get that done than with video.
- Make your YouTube Channel work for you – YouTube is not just the world’s 2nd biggest search engine and the largest video platform; it’s also a major league social media monster also! Getting subscriptions to your YouTube channel is an excellent way increase your reach, get more views, and more traffic. Make the time to brand your YouTube channel to correspond with the rest of your business.
With over 6 billion hours of YouTube videos getting watched every month, isn’t it time for you to get in on some of that action?