Pinterest Traffic Is Worth Far More than Previously Thought
It would be very easy to dismiss Pinterest as just another photo sharing site and leave it at that. That would be a very expensive mistake! What began as a cooler version of Flickr has developed into a traffic and conversion powerhouse that’s beating the pants off far bigger and more well-known social properties.
5 Amazing statistics about Pinterest that will change the way you think about it!
- You might find hard to believe: (I did) but it’s a cold hard fact that according to Mashable, Pinterest is sending more visitors to our sites that the combined forces of Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+!
- What’s even better is that this traffic is converting madly! Would you think Pinterest traffic is converting at rates 50% higher than all of the others!
- Pinterest peeps seem to be far more likely to spend the dough, shelling out more money more often than all of the other big social media behemoths.
- Pinterest is now attracting 4 times more revenue per click than Twitter and a tremendous 27 percent more than Facebook. Who saw that coming?
- How much more? According to Piqora, a single Pin can now fetch $0.78 in sales, and that figure is increasing by nearly 25 percent year over year.
So how to capitalize on Pinterest traffic?
Like everything else in social media marketing, it usually takes a consistent effort over a bit of time for you to see significant results. Even though the viral aspects of social media definitely apply to Pinterest, you’ll need to have a plan, and someone to implement it to get the best results.
The first step is understanding what you can pin. It’s not only pictures! Any media which includes any sort of visual component can help out. Think of blog posts, videos, slideshows, book covers, marketing materials, Powerpoint presentations and more. Make it easy for your site visitors to pin your content back to their Pinterest accounts by utilizing a Pin It button. Make a Pinterest account for your business, and start some pin boards, linking back to your products and services on your site. Pinterest is a snap to get started with, and offers the opportunity to drive a plethora of converting buyers to your site. Get in while the getting’s good!